Robin's Make-Up Advice & Tips
- Prepping your skin with the proper skin care routine suited for your skin type will enable your makeup to look polished, fresh and radiant. Choose a basic 3 step regimen such as a Cleanser, Toner and Moisturizer for maximum results. Learn more here.
- Choose a foundation that complements the natural tone of your skin, try not to choose a colour that's too light or too dark (unless you have a personal preference). Match your shade by swatching a light, med and dark colour (with the same undertone) on your jawline to determine your shade. Whichever colour blends with your skin, is the right shade for you. Learn more here.
- Use a concealer or colour corrector to cover blemishes, under-eye dark circles and/or discoloration. This will help to instantly illuminate your skin while giving you an even tone. Learn more about colour correction here.
- Since our foundations do not have a built in sun-screen, I recommend applying an even coat of sunscreen underneath your foundation to protect your skin from harmful UVA and UVB sun-rays.
- Apply a primer before your foundation, this will help to smooth out your skin, creating a smooth and even surface before foundation.
- When using a liquid foundation, I recommend setting it with a translucent powder for ultimate staying power. This will help to prevent your foundation from slipping and sliding while setting your foundation in place. It's always a good idea to carry a compact powder in your purse for touching up throughout the day. Our foundations come with the coordinating powder for colour consistency.
- Add warmth to your skin by applying a bronzer. This will help to give your skin a healthy glow without looking overly done up. Learn how you can apply bronzer like a pro by clicking here.
- Add a pop of colour to the apples of your cheeks for a natural, healthy flush. A soft warm peach or pink is recommended for someone with a golden undertone, a cool toned pink or neutral for someone with a cool undertone and a deep plum or coral for someone with a deeper complexion.
- Stick with a softer lip colour for a day-time look. This will look professional when you're at the office of just out running errands. Go bold with a deeper or darker shade for an evening look. There are no rules when it comes to choosing colours, stick with what works for your style and personality. For example: If you work in a fashion boutique, you may wear a vivid red lipstick at work to showcase a modern and trendy fashion sense, it all depends on the environment, do what works for you and remember to make it fun :).
- Line your natural lip line before applying your lipstick to prevent your lip colour from feathering outside of your lip line and to increase long lasting wear.
- For ultra glam lashes, curl your lashes with an eye-lash curler first, then give em' 3 coats of mascara for maximum curl and length.